(Vienna 1845 – 1916 Vienna)

 

Tina Blau - who really was named Regina Leopoldine - was the daughter of a military surgeon. Her father noticed the talent of his daughter early and supported her, she got privat painting classes when she was 13 and from 1860 August Schaeffer was her teacher. After that she studied in Munich from 1869 until 1873. Several study trips led her to Bohemia, Hungary, Transylvania, the Netherlands and Italy. She shared a studio with Emil Jacob Schindler from 1875 but fell out with him later. One of her pictures was shown on the Wolrd Fair in 1873. In 1883 Tina Blau, who was of jewish descent, converted to the Protestant Church and married the artist Heinrich Lang in the very same year. The couple moved to Munich, where Tina Blau teached landscape and still life painting at the Ladies Academy of the Munich Female-Artist-Society from 1889. In an exhibition in 1890 she showed 60 paintings. After her husband died in 1891 she travelled to the Netherlands and Italy before returning to Vienna after ten years of absence. She set up her studio near the Prater. In 1897 she was a founding member of the "Kunstschule für Frauen und Mädchen" in Vienna ("Art School for Girls and Women"), where she teached landscape and still life painting. In 1899 Tina Blau had her first group exhibition at the Salon Pisko. In her last year she was working in Gastein, where she stayed in a sanatorium. She died on October 31, 1916.
 

Widder Fine Arts

 

Johannesgasse 9-13
A-1010 Vienna
Austria

Tel/Fax: 0043-1-512 45 69
Mobil: 0043-676-629 81 21

www.kunsthandelwidder.com
office@kunsthandelwidder.com

Business hours:


Tue - Fri: 11:00 - 18:00
Sat: 10:00 - 15:00


{* *}